Artist Statement



Digital screens are littered throughout our society, each it's own little
black void that when clicked on has the ability to transport the viewer
anywhere. Portals that are not bound by time or location, only halted by
our own imagination (except maybe money). The vivid emotions evoked by this
transportive medium are something I strive to create myself. Inspired by
stories that did just that, and swept me away from the seat into animated
worlds of moving castles. Or simply just short well crafted Youtube videos
that bring joy or motivation to my life. These numerous hours behind screens
have cultivated the way I think and view my surroundings. Now I find myself
watching meta videos online dissecting this dense artform of films and
everything that is carefully woven into them. Which has only made me more
intrigued the more I consume, borderline addiction. Probably serving a
great role in dragging me into class, to begin with. My love for this easy
to consume medium draws me to want to become the mastermind myself. To be
the artist meticulously sculpting the story that anyone can marvel at.
I aim to blend together the digital medium of film, which compiles an
amalgamation of so many other arts in a cohesive way. From sound design
to color theory, I want to create works that spark emotions inside viewers.
A piece that leads to conversation after watching, something that makes
them want to return to the magic of the screen.

Comments

Popular Posts